Sunday, January 27, 2013

Examples of Poems for the Poetry Project


DO NOT COPY THESE AND SAY THEY ARE YOUR OWN! I WANT TO SEE YOUR OWN CREATIONS!

Concrete Poem

http://thesixthseason.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/the-guardian2.jpg 



 Example of a Sonnet

UNAWARE
by Kaitlyn Guenther
Isolation quickly overwhelms me          
Begging for forgiveness, a fallen hand
Desolation I now begin to see
Hanging by a thin thread, a single strand

I watch them… Their fears, their misbehaviour
Mistreat, abuse…. Completely unaware
I am the land, their glorious saviour
Someday they will learn to treat me with care

I wish they would learn to trust each other
To join as one, to stand strong together
A bond, a band and a mighty brother
Forever as one, a powerful tether

You may not know, that fear is their captor
So you may not see each special factor

Example of rhymed poetry

Cats in the Kitchen

A Cat Poem for Kids
Cats in the kitchen curled up in the sink.
Cats in the litterbox making a stink.
Cats in the living room clawing the couch.
Cats in the closet at play in a pouch.
Cats in the bedroom asleep on the bedding.
Cats on the table tops constantly shedding.
Cats in the bathroom inspecting the tub.
Out in the flowerbed under a shrub.
Up on the windowsill grooming their fur.
Stretching and yawning, preparing to purr.
Waiting for someone to open a door.
Climbing a curtain. Exploring a drawer.
Maybe I'm crazy. You may say I'm bats.
I think you never have too many cats.
--Kenn Nesbitt

 Example of Free Verse

BUTTERFLY

 
I am a Butterfly.
I am one of the most beautiful insects of the world.
I eat nectar, but
I don't harm the flowers.
I have many enemies.
I wander through the forests playing with all my butterfly friends.
Their names are; Hippy, Dippy, Hopi, and Floppy.
I can't forget my best friends.
Poppy and Moppy.
But do you know who really are my best friends?
Could you try to guess?
I think you might have a good idea.
YOU!
I like how you like to be you and not somebody who you aren't.

Example of Haiku

Easter Chocolate

by Kaitlyn Guenther

Easter bunny hides
Easter eggs are out of sight
Kids look everywhere



1 comment: